Using pure essential oils has numerous beneficial effects on the mind, body and soul. It is important to realise the correct way to use these products to get the maximum benefit from their therapeutic qualities. Here are 8 amazing effects you may not have previously known about the curative properties and uses of essential oil based skincare from Scentual Alchemy.
1) Essential oils have amazing benefits for the respiratory system. Putting a squirt of your favorite Scentual Alchemy product onto the palms, rubbing the hands together, bringing the hands up to the face and taking a few deep breaths will affect the brain within 20 seconds. Within 2 minutes, these essential oils will be found in the blood stream, and by 20 minutes every organ in the body will be affected. Next time you a feeling nauseous, or have a headache, try inhaling Fixation Oil Blend, and set a timer, see how you feel in 20 minutes.
2) Putting body oils, like Winter, Autumn or Spring Solstice onto the soles of the feet before bed can have amazing curative properties. Whether you feel a cold coming on, or need help relaxing and grounding at the end of the day, these oil blends will not only nourish cracked feet, but also deliver beneficial effects to the rest of the body. Winter Solstice’s antiseptic qualities are great for colds and cold feet, as it boosts the immune system, while the grounding properties of Autumn can help you to relax and feel grounded, Spring lifts vibrations, and has even been suggested to increase the likelihood lucid dreaming.
3) While the scent of Carrot Seed oil is an acquired taste, it is the most powerful natural sunscreen alternative known. As the star ingredient in Summer Sun, it helps those of us with an aversion to gunky traditional sunscreens get some natural protection on sunny days. Its thick texture creates a natural barrier and keeps skin glowing.
4) Our parasympathetic nervous system and subtle bodies are affected in a huge way from essential oils. This is why they are so commonly used in the yoga community. Oils like Frankincense, Spruce and Myrrh help lift vibrations and mood. Just by breathing them in, we can gain a sense of grounding, confidence and a lifting of mood. I love using Rise and Shine No Rinse Cleanser every morning and evening to get the lift from Frankincense upon waking, and falling asleep to put me in good spirits. Mars Essence is also a top pick to use in meditation, to lift mood and awareness.
5) Oils like Patchouli, Geranium and Ylang Ylang reduce scarring, fine lines, wrinkles and skin imperfections. While I wouldn’t recommend putting these babies on a healing tattoo, I put them on my face every morning, and honestly, since I started, I noticed a more glowing complexion. This is why Sunny Side Up Face Protecting Serum is good for everyone! There are no harsh chemicals, and I only use seed oils, which are less fatty, creating a thin, light and easy to wear face moisturiser. Not to mention, it smells heavenly.
6) On top of decreasing the effects of ageing, Patchouli, Geranium, Cedarwood and Ylang Ylang help to balance oil production. Therefore, even though you are applying oil to the face, you are making your skin produce less oil. A lot of skincare regimes out there dry out the skin, causing it to produce more sebum or oil. Add to that bacteria, dirt from pollutants, and you get acne. The essential oils used in Sunny Side Up are also antimicrobial and antiseptic, meaning they help protect your face from breakouts!
7) Essential Oil Skincare also reduces anxiety and depression and has a calming effect. Since essential oils are, basically, the plant’s immune system and as humans we naturally benefit from being near plants, we benefit in a fundamental way. While Clary Sage, in Platinum Hormone Balancing Mist produces a sense of calm and effects the endocrine system, Vetiver, from Venus Essence calm down the nervous system, producing a more peaceful, happier you in just 20 minutes.
8) Have I mentioned the antimicrobial, antiseptic, antibacterial and antifungal properties of essential oils? Why use harsh chemicals to clean your body when you can use a natural alternative? As mentioned above, essential oils are the plants immune system, and as such, it is a natural way to protect the plant against invaders. Like putting on a suit of plant armor, using essential oils is a natural protector against the environment and natural impurities such as car exhaust, UV rays, wind chapping and microbial / fungal related rashes.
There you have it! Some of my favorite reasons for being obsessed with essential oils, and the products I have created for Scentual Alchemy!